Banana flour pancakes

My morning Tiffin and breakfast routine challenges my creativity and tests my knowledge on nutrition on a daily basis.

Each morning (barring weekends, thank goodness) I struggle with making healthy breakfast, recess and lunch boxes. To add to that my daughter is now asking for a tiffin for the bus (apparently it’s called the bus tiffin). She claims that her bus mates get lays, cheetos etc for the bus tiffin. I’m sure I said. How can we mothers possibly think of four unique healthy snack options each day which are healthy, nutritious yet tasty. 

Even though my kids lovveeee pancake, I can’t imagine feeding them store bought pancake even once a week without feeling like a horrible, lazy mom (yeah, mom guilt is my middle name). The popular pancake brands available today have sugar, sodium, MAIDA, palm fat and preservatives. Yikes. 

I try to make homemade, 100% Maida and processed sugar free pancakes. Today I made a banana flour pancake with unripen banana flour, banana, egg, curd, milk, beet root powder. No sugar, no salt. 










Banana flour is made from 100% unripe green bananas, loaded with nutrients. It's especially high in potassium and resistant starch, a prebiotic fiber that supports digestive health and lowers blood sugar. The curd lends some probiotic, protein. Folate and magnesium from the beet powder make it even more nutrition packed.

But the true test is in the tasting. All this effort can go in vain if the kids don’t like it. I  served these pancakes with natural fresh cream and honey. And my kids, domestic help, other family members all love these for breakfast. 

This was about my morning today. Please share your #tiffinstories. Let’s learn from one another and keep spreading the word about healthy eating.

Comments

Popular Posts