My Sunshine

I found myself standing face to face with the Sun. I quickly turned away, scared that it would scald me. I walked away, my back towards the Sun.

I looked down while I was walking away to find my shadow staring at me. I wanted to hold it. Had always wanted to hold it. I reached out for it, but it kept moving away. I jumped, I skipped, I ran, I fell, I cried. But in vain. I could not hold my own shadow.

Disappointed, I turned towards the Sun, My Sun. Walked towards it. With each step I took, my inhibitions diminished. I began to experience what the Sun truly brings, SUNSHINE.

Every time you find yourself facing your shadow, remember what it really is; a SHADOW. You can never hold it so don't even try.

Just like your past, it is meant to walk behind you. When you see your shadow ahead of you it only means that the light is behind you. All you need to do is turn around.

Dedicated to my SUN, my Sameer.

Love,

Comments

Popular Posts