Like Mother Like Daughter Series: 1

Since the minute my daughter was born till I started to post pictures of her and me dressed similarly not one person said we looked alike. From the nurse, to the OB, to my inlaws, to my parents, siblings, friends, neighbors every single person said Zayb looks like her father. OK so, a child looks like either or both the parents. In our case that parent is Sameer. So why does it affect me soo much.. I don't know.. but it did. Not anymore though.
 
Subconsciously I started dressing Zayb in similar outfits to mine. It made me feel like my daughter resembles me in some way. Today I have a series of photos of us dressed similarly. I have also noticed some of my friends posting pics with their daughters in similar outfits. It looks soo cute....
 
I get a lot of mothers asking me where and how I get matching outfits. I just keep my eyes open. I don't always buy our outfits together. I pick individual pieces that I like and pair them up. Sometimes I have a dress and then I see a similar print in one of the kids store and I pick it up. It just happens. So study your and your child's wardrobe and keep an eye open for similar pieces when you go out shopping.
 
 

 

Comments

Popular Posts