Kairi Kadhi: Summer Recipe


 
We all love Kadhi especially during summers. I particularly love to include kadhi in my weekly menu as its light, low in calories, contains yogurt and is refreshing.

I have a few different types of kadhi recipes that I use, Sindhi, Gujrati, tomato kadhi, methi kadhi. But today I'm sharing my recipe for kairi kadhi

So here is the recipe.

Ingredients:
2 green chillies, 2 tsp cumin seeds, 5 cloves of garlic and coriander leaves ground to a paste

2 tsp gram flour and 2 tbl yoghurt whipped together

7-8 curry leaves

1/2 inch cinnamon stick

Dried red chillies

And of course juice from one large raw mango



First heat some oil in a pan and sauté the green masala paste for a few seconds. Add the gram flour and yoghurt paste, add 2 glasses of water and let the kadhi boil on simmer till the water reduces to 1/3.

Add the raw mango juice just before the last boil and temper.

For the tempering take some ghee add cumin cinnamon, curry leaves, red chillies and hing.

Ta- Daaaa! The refreshing kadhi is ready to be served on a bed of steaming hot rice.

Xoxoxo,


Z

Comments

Popular Posts