Organizing Dinnerware and Cutlery

I love entertaining, hosting friends and family, love having people over. But I must confess as much as I love it, I end up getting very stressed and there is always some last minute cooking, heating etc, As we would usually keep the entertaining dinnerware sets in the topmost cabinets in the kitchen we would have to climb up the platform and retrieve them from these cabinets for every party. And putting them back in place after the party was another story.

When we were doing up the living room I decided I wanted a center table with storage to keep all my entertaining supplies in. This would make it easier to access the dinnerware and put it back in place; and also release some space in the kitchen for pantry use.

We were planning to get a made to order center table but I found this amazing antique burma chest at the flea market and I couldn't get it out of my mind. We got it restored and Voila!


It has a jigsaw tray at the top which opens up to the hollow chest. 




I store my napkins, cutlery, knives in the trays and use the bottom for the dinnerware.




The inside of the chest is very beautifully carved and also have these pretty ceramic painted tiles. I am giddily in love with this piece of furniture and couldn't wait to share it with you all.


XOXOXO,
Z

Comments

Popular Posts