Melon Salad



I find myself experimenting a lot with various kinds of salads these days. There was a time when I couldn’t digest the idea of having salad as a meal by itself or even an accompaniment leave alone digesting the actual salad. But I am glad that I am incorporating more fruits and veggies in my meals. Hopefully I will set a good example for ZaybAiyra.

So here is a fruit salad that I served my family for Iftar during the fasting month. It is very simple but yet yummy.


Ingredients:
1 cup chopped watermelon
1 cup chopped cantaloupe
1 cup chopped papaya
1 cup pealed and chopped sweet lime
½ cup pineapple juice
Juice of ½ a lime
Pinch of sugar
Pinch of paprika
Pinch of chaat masala
Pinch of salt

Mix all the ingredients in a bowl, refrigerate and serve chilled. You could also cut the fruits in different shapes which is what I had done once. Unfortunately I don’t have a picture of the salad with the different shapes but I have tried to illustrate that for you below.


Use a melon scoop to make cantaloupe balls, cut the watermelon in triangles and the papaya in cubes. The salad looks really beautiful. I will update an image when I make it again with different shapes.


More salad recipes coming soon.

Love,
Z

Comments

Popular Posts